Wednesday, 15 June 2016

E3 Bethesda's Conference.

So right off the bat you get a graphically amazing trailer from the game Quake (which I was seriously confused about as I had no idea what to expect coming into this thing). I haven't even heard of this game yet, and with that trailer I already want to buy and play it. I cannot believe that it's over 20 years old, and that it's such a huge part of gaming. It's probably because I'm more of a console gamer than a computer gamer (I can already hear the boo's from the computer master race).

Only about 20 mins in and I'm already liking it more than the EA games one. It's also nice of them to pay homage to the games they showcased at last years E3,.. and all the awards they've racked up over the past 12 months. I was addicted to Fallout Shelter when it came out.

As a huge fan of card games I'm stoked for The Elder Scrolls Legends which is a strategy card game, much like Magic the gathering (even if I am a Yu-Gi-Oh card gamer) and is for PC and iPad. It will also be coming to android and Mac, tablets and phones later this year. Though the fact it's not something I can physically collect is rather disappointing but I'm going to see if I can get onto the BETA.

So Fallout really flew by me, what can I say? I just didn't have the money and Fallout shelter was taking up too much of my time. I did have a few friends that got it so they'll be pleased with all the new content that's coming out for them, like contraptions so you can build elevators, armour racks, weapon racks, track kits, sorting machines and conveyor belts.Vault-tech allows you to build your own vault, experiment on dwellers and even go for a holiday (vacations?) at Nuka World. All coming July 2016.

For Fallout shelter (YAY!), you get to send dwellers on quests, fight new enemies, meet new characters, explore new locations and it even extends to a computer system. There is also a whole new combat system.



They've also remastered Elder Scrolls Skyrim for the PS4 and Xbox1, now I didn't get on with the game on PS3 but I may get it for the PS4.

There is also a new game called Prey, which appears to be a FPS (first person shooter) psychological thriller, which sounds bloody awesome and is coming to Xbox1, PS4 and PC. You wake up on a space station where they have been genetically changing humans, and it's started to go wrong (obviously). You are being hunted by aliens while trying to find out more about yourself and the world you've woken up in.

DOOM flew over my head as well, but there will be some cool multiplayer and mods *shrug* You can also try a demo of the first level on PC, PS4 and Xbox1 so I will be giving that a try.

Elder Scrolls Online, once again this skipped over me, but I have been eyeing it at my local store, and I'm always up for trying new games so maybe, with all the new content coming out, I might join the ranks of my friends in Tamriel by assassinating my way to the top of the dark brotherhood whose DLC drops later this year. They also announced one Tamriel which means all new players will be able to go everywhere! No level restrictions, which is awesome sauce and this is making me even more eager to play this game.

They also spoke of a VR system that they are testing out, not really all that interested in virtual reality, at least not until there comes a game that I know I'm going to enjoy on it.



DISHONORED 2!!!! (Look out for those rats!) God have I been waiting for this game for a while, as a major fan of Dishonored I was pleased when they announced this game last year. It's great that you get to return to Dunwall but unfortunately it doesn't appear as if you stay there for long. You get introduced to a new area called Kanaka the Jewel of the South. I just love the whole steampunk feel to this game and they continue it even if it is based 15 years after the first one. Bethesda even created their own engine to bring the beautiful graphics and atmospherics to life with the Void Engine. But for me the best part is that you can play as either Emily, that little kid you were trying to find in the first game, and Corvo the main protagonist of Dishonored. It arrived with us on 11th November 2016 on PS4, Xbox1 and PC.

Shadow spark out...

No comments:

Post a Comment